Dr. Joysree Subramanian M.D.
- Board Certified, American Board of Anesthesiology, 2000., re certified 2011
- Board Certification in Pain Medicine awarded by American Board of Anesthesiology, 2005.,
- FIPP (Fellow of Interventional Pain Practice) awarded by World Institute of Pain, 2006.
- ABIPP (Fellow of the American Board of Interventional Pain Physicians)
Area of Special Interest:
Interventional procedures for alleviating chronic pain.
- Nine years in solo practice doing interventional pain, diagnosis and multi-modal treatment
using ultrasound, and fluoroscopy, 2007 – present
- Three years as Assistant Professor in pain management at UT Southwestern Medical Center,
Dallas, TX, 2004-2007.
- Four years as Assistant Professor in Anesthesiology, at Louisiana State University Health
Sciences Center, 1999 – 2003.
- Anesthesiology Residency at Columbia University, 1995-1999
- Registrar in Anesthesiology, Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast, 1993-1995.
- Senior Resident, Anesthesiology, All India Inst. of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1992-1993.
- Anesthesiology Residency, PGIMER, Chandigarh. 1989-1991.
Joysree Subramanian, Leland Lou, Laxmaiah Manchikanti, Ilioinguinal, Iliohypogastric, and
Genitofemoral Nerve Block Authors: Book Chapter in Interventional Techniques in Chronic
Non-Spinal Pain. Edited by Laxmaiah Manchikanti, and Vijay Singh. 2009
Joysree Subramanian, Pain Management in the Elderly. Talk delivered at the Texas Society of
Anesthesiology Meeting, May 6, 2006. Houston TX.
Distinctions and Awards:
- ASA 2001, Merit Award for Scientific Exhibit: ACLS Review Cards for the Palm OS Hand held
Computer, A new Educational Tool.
- IARS, 76th Clinical Congress, March 2002: Scientific Exhibit, Second Place Winner: ACLS
Review Cards for the Palm OS Hand held Computer. A new Educational Tool.
- Graduated as the “Best Medical Graduate of the year” from the Medical School.
Previous Vice Chairman United States South region, World Institute of pain
Speaker at International Conference on Recent Advances in Pain (2015, 2016)
Speaker at South Asian Regional Pain Society (August 2014)
Speaker at Indian Society for the Study of Pain (2015, 2017)